mini score/pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireAnt

Minister of Fire
Dec 18, 2009
Central CT
Good friend of mine bought a face cord of assorted hard wood 4 years ago. His wife didn't like him burning the fireplace so it sat there. With all my stove talk he told me to come grab it. Pretty much all oak. I had to re-split a bunch so it made the pile a little bigger.

Attachments

• phpL4gdZmPM.jpg
    phpL4gdZmPM.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 271
That's not a mini-score in my book. A face cord is a nice haul - a week or two of burning most likely.

Coming across a ready to burn 1/3 cord this time of year is a full fledged ground score.

Good score...I split small too having found it easier to sandwich splits together for a longer burn than separating larger splits for a hotter burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.