Mini Split advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okrobie

I have figured out the BTU of my house and would like to install a mini split system. I think I need a 6000 BTU unit for each of 6 rooms and I would like to put a 18,000 BTU compressor on each of the sets of 3, but I don't see them marketed in those combinations. My house is about 30,000 BTU total. How do I find out if my plan is appropriate and how do I go about buying 6 6000 BTU ceiling cassettes and 2 18000 BTU compressors? Thank you.

I think it is a mistake to use 6 heads for six rooms. They are very expensive and lower efficiency this way. I heat my whole house with one central woodstove so why not one central minisplit?

I got a nice big Mitsubishi brochure a couple months ago at a home show.

All kinds of possibilities inside.

I think you could do what you want with a MXZ-3B24NA outside unit, and 3 of either SEZ-KD09NA or SLZ-KA09NA.

(x2).

Or go the next bigger outside unit MXZ-3B30NA.

The BTU numbers for each are not exact to what you mention, but they don't have any 6,000 BTU ceiling/cassette units (those are 9,000). Outside units in the 25,000 range.

No idea on what all that would cost though - but curious about it.

I think I'm in the wrong forum. Thanks.
Awww... c'mon! As a hearth-driven forum, we need to improve our membership numbers in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.