Mini wood harvest

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mass_burner

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2013
SE Mass
Had to do some tree trimming, got a got little addition to the stacks.

Green is the light colored stuff.

uploadfromtaptalk1467998976461.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1467998991110.jpg

Reactions: heavy hammer
Nice....Best part is no splitting then straight to the stacks!

Little rounds make a great fire. Take forever to dry, but once they do, they are great.

.A lot of the time, I split 3" rounds. They will dry in a year and make great starter wood.

I have quite a bit of smaller branch wood. If it is easy to limb and 2-3 inches or bigger I just make a big pile of them (almost all from larger fir trees) and when the pile gets big enough I pull out the chop saw to process the pile. I will split some of the larger ones to test moisture content this winter and if in doubt will leave it stacked until next winter.

Little rounds make a great fire. Take forever to dry, but once they do, they are great.

.A lot of the time, I split 3" rounds. They will dry in a year and make great starter wood.
I like to split some of my limb wood in a separate pile and use them as shims in my stacks. The rest I throw on top.

Nice....Best part is no splitting then straight to the stacks!
Yes, for some of it. The rounds in the second pic I already split since then. I cut those rounds longer to fit my drolet 1800i.

Status
Not open for further replies.