Mistake buying saw on eBay?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2009
New England / S. NH
I just ordered an Echo cs 400 on eBay at a $50 savings over the local stores. Part of me feels guilty for not supporting my local store, but I'm guessing that they will make more selling me the extra chains, files etc. with the $50 I saved? Should I worry that this is not the same saw they sell? It is advertised as 'new in box with factory 5 year warranty'.

How was the sellers rating on Ebay? when you get the saw take it out and try it out immediatly! then go to the store and compare to what they are selling. Any problems you need to start the process with Ebay right away and don't give feedback until you are happy.
I got burned on some computer parts sold on Ebay but followed the appeal process and only lost my $20 for shipping. (could have been $400)

Got the saw, saved $50, spent $70 on my first trip to the local dealer for spare bar, chain, file guide, etc... I emailed Echo tech support about what I thought was excess oiling, they not only replied promptly, but gave me a follow-up phone call today. (They must know I am a member of this prestigious, highly popular forum!) ;-) I did have to remove the 'EPA' carb adjust plugs, not sure if the local dealer might have done that prior to delivery...

glad to hear it was a good deal, I have over 60 transactions on ebay and only 2 that I consider bad. The rest saved me enough money more than cover the bad ones.

I ordered an Echo saw on EBay and got an excellent deal, they sold the same saw at Home Depot, don't remember the exact amount I saved but it was significant. I also love the saw for smaller stuff, starts easy, and runs excellent. You can take the saw to any authorized factory repair place under warranty, never had a problem, so didn't need warranty work.

Status
Not open for further replies.