Mixed bag scrounge score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FaithfulWoodsman

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2015
Geographic Center of Ohio
Cleaned up a fence line on a neighbors property. Mixed bag of cherry, mulberry and a few red maple pieces. Mostly small trees and limbs, didn't look like much till I got it stacked, worth the effort. I'll split it soon and stack back home for 17/18. Second pic is of some white oak I scrounged in fall and finally got to recently. Love getting ahead.

Attachments

• _20160116_221953.JPG
    _20160116_221953.JPG
    322.9 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20160116_105426296.jpg
    IMG_20160116_105426296.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 174
Keep at it! Early reports are next winter will be a bear! AWS (Australian Weather Service) has reported that next winter for all of North America will be just the opposite of this one. Had a log load dropped off in the middle of December. Just waiting for spring to get on it :)

Reactions: FaithfulWoodsman
Love getting ahead.

You ain't lying. It's nice to look out my kitchen window and see a dozen cords stacked up. I do feel a little sympathy for my neighbors who are trying to get a couple cords ready for the winter every July and August. I finally got through to one of them, a youngster, 25 years old. I helped him split a few cords of white oak last spring and told him to stack it separately from his maple and ash. As of yet, he hasn't touched it. I also convinced him to grab all the pine he could. It would help him get ahead. My neighbor on my other side...... well, let's just say he considers wood seasoned if it's been split for a week.

Same here. I helped my older neighbor couple fell a couple ashes this summer. Had to talk em into splitting stuff. They wanted to only split big rounds and leave thigh size logs whole and burn them this year. Hopefully I can continue to get them to let me help and season stuff right. They had a chimney fire 8 years ago. Don't want that again and neither do they.

Status
Not open for further replies.