MM for only $1, shipped on Ebay?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ebay seller offered me the MM for $1.00 and I wrote that people makes mistakes and I don't expect them to work for free or lose money. I have nothing against those who did get the MM's for a buck let us know how well they work ..

Ray

Reactions: Boog
I read the first few posts, thought for a second about jumping on the band wagon, but decided not too. For $1 it was either junk or someone's mistake, and I didn't want to be involved in either one of them. Trust me, its not because I'm some high and mighty ethical person, I've got bones in my closet. As Ray said above, I just didn't want to take advantage of someone's mistake, regardless of all the legal/sales/contract mumbo jumbo. They obviously then tried to cover their error, however lame that was, and then all the negative feedback talk started.

To me, this is just the same principle as the other day at my favorite local Mexican place. My youngest daughter and I were checking out paying for a $21-22 ish meal and I gave the cashier a $20 on top of a $5. I watched her put both bills in the $20 slot and hand me change for $40. I could have turned and walked away, in my younger days I most likely would have. Instead I gave her the money back pointing out her error, set a good example for my daughter (she didn't see the mistake), and felt a lot better with myself than if I'd kept it.

After 58 years I've learned that what goes around comes around, trust me. Its the simple "golden rule", took me a while to learn it. Glad to see a couple other folks were brave enough to comment against the grain. I'll step down and chop up that soap box for kindling now and get back to working on my 025. Flame away if you care..................makes no difference to me.

I probably would have let it go if it hadn't been for the lies/pathetic girl excuse. If they had simply said we made a mistake and left it at that I would have understood and left neutral feedback.

When I left the feedback I had no intention of forcing the seller to ship the item.

Geesh - lets not get so far left of center we start being some sort or give at all cost. This was by all accounts a complete "bait and switch" and anyone buying the - I'm a dumb girl and I will loose my job - line can send me money for a bridge I am selling.

Ya did just fine getting the meter - no harm, no foul.

I hear you're selling a bridge for a $1 . . . is this true? ;) :)

and anyone buying the - I'm a dumb girl and I will loose my job - line can send me money for a bridge I am selling.
I got some ocean front property in AZ for sale too!

Well, an update on this: I never got the tester and I never got a refund. So I posted negative feedback on the seller/item/sale on Ebay. I then got an email saying that he had fired the girl that posted the item on Ebay and he offered me the same 10% discount on future items that 'she' did. I then opened a case against the sale on Ebay. I then got a refund for the dollar. I then got an email from the seller saying that there was a mix up in the refund and there was a problem with Paypal (yah, right). He then asked if I would remove the negative feedback. I did not reply. He then sent me another email saying that negative feedback does not do him any good, and he offered me a $5 bribe if I removed it. Again, I did not reply. He then offered me a $6 bribe. I did not reply to that either. He then sent me a ranting email saying that feedback did not do anyone any good, blah blah blah.

Anyway, I have since bought another tester from a US dealer. It was listed as a 2 pin digital tester for $13 with a battery and case and I got a 4 pin tester in the mail. It works, but I sent the seller an email about it and I have not gotten a reply. Seems that these cheap testers on Ebay are not being sold by the sharpest tools in the global drawer. My wood is also drier then I thought it was. I suspected 30% moisture but its mostly 20% down to 12%. Even my one year old oak is 25-28% and almost ready to burn. The newly cut fir and cedar is all 35-40+%.

Status
Not open for further replies.