mmm...home made mac and cheese...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
Best mac and cheese...with stewed tomatoes....
Recipe to follow..

Mr Gamma is lucky cause I ain't talking to him right now.... >:-(

Attachments

• 2012-03-14_17-01-15_305.jpg
    2012-03-14_17-01-15_305.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 242
Never seen it w/tomatoes....looks great! I would like to get that recipe.

I found it online....
I have been making this recipe for years and is always a pleaser...it does not call for stewed tomatoes but I put about half a can or so in with it...
I like the Italian stewed tomatoes....

So tomorrow while the site is down all you buggerz make this for your wives.... ;-) maybes you will git....well you know.... ;-P
Yeah, your welcome...

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/macaroni-cheese-10000001123185/

What, are you trying to put on a few pounds? :lol: :lol: :lol: :sick:

The area that I live in is not known for "people that are in good shape." :shut:
I know it is not nice to say....but it is a fact....
They just "think" I am malnourished".....not so.....

some like to partake in lotsa food in the stix of Nepa...then they pick on me dammit.... :lol: :smirk:

Made me hungry Gamma. I just put on some mac and cheese. No 'maters though.

Looks wonderful Gamma thanks for sharing. I will have to post a recipe for ya for macroni salad with shrimp and old bay I have been making for years.

My neighbor puts sliced kielbasa in his mac n' cheese. No thanks on the tomatoes for me. It just isn't right. Bacon chunks are good too.

Hey Gamma, did you ever try Cabot's "Seriously Sharp" cheese? The aged 3 year Cheddar makes a difference too.

It has been one week today burning a new wood fired cookstove as our only heat source and using it for all our cooking and baking. The first thing I learned is the oven is sealed. Not vented with air currents like gas or electric. So opening the door can give you a blast of steam to watch for. First thing she made was sticky buns. Testing the yeast rise was a little different since the entire kitchen temp was up. The tester next to the stove sort of made a cupcake instead of rising a little...... It's tempting to bake with the normal oven temperature around 300 or 325 without even turning the oven on ! If not careful it can climb to 600* in short order. Once banked for the night, if a little more heat is needed we leave the oven door open before opening up the air.

I've never been over 160 lbs. but that could change soon.

Attachments

• Handicap Ramp.jpg
    Handicap Ramp.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Bricking firebox.jpg
    Bricking firebox.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 166
  • Seasoning Top first fire 2.jpg
    Seasoning Top first fire 2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Paint and oil burn off 2.jpg
    Paint and oil burn off 2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 164
GAMMA RAY said:
Recipe to follow..

Looks good Gamma.

swampy

Recipe to follow..

Thanks for the recipe, that looks really good. Will have to try it on my son he loves Mac and Cheese.

So tomorrow while the site is down all you buggerz make this for your wives.... ;-) maybes you will git....well you know.... ;-P
Yeah, your welcome...

It was not too long ago I made two, count um, two boxes of Kraft mac and cheese. Nothin. Yeah, thanks. You women are picky buggers ain't ya?

The area that I live in is not known for "people that are in good shape." :shut:
I know it is not nice to say....but it is a fact....
They just "think" I am malnourished".....not so.....

some like to partake in lotsa food in the stix of Nepa...then they pick on me dammit.... :lol: :smirk:
The macaroni and cheese looks yummy! I love tomatoes especially fresh from the garden.. I am in shape, round is a perfectly valid shape ;)
Ray

Looks great. Mac and Cheese and Stewed Tomatoes always reminds me of lent.

pen

Great comfort food Gamma. I like it with the stewed tomatoes.

Hey Gamma, did you ever try Cabot's "Seriously Sharp" cheese? The aged 3 year Cheddar makes a difference too.

It has been one week today burning a new wood fired cookstove as our only heat source and using it for all our cooking and baking. The first thing I learned is the oven is sealed. Not vented with air currents like gas or electric. So opening the door can give you a blast of steam to watch for. First thing she made was sticky buns. Testing the yeast rise was a little different since the entire kitchen temp was up. The tester next to the stove sort of made a cupcake instead of rising a little...... It's tempting to bake with the normal oven temperature around 300 or 325 without even turning the oven on ! If not careful it can climb to 600* in short order. Once banked for the night, if a little more heat is needed we leave the oven door open before opening up the air.

I've never been over 160 lbs. but that could change soon.

Coaly, I have never tried that type of cheese...will try next time though.
I have tried the generic grocery store brand and it sucked.:eek: So now I always try to get the better stuff.
Thanks for the tip!
Nice stove btw...;)

My 7 yr old would love you.
Mac-n-cheese is king in our house.

Status
Not open for further replies.