Mo WOOD!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
Well, an upcoming weekend of splitting/stacking wood..I am BEHIND on this....By the end of the weekend though I will be done!

I was just a few days away from getting all my wood split, when a good scrounge score appeared on the highway. I got a total of four small pickup loads worth of spruce, redwood, and ?red alder. Got some experience with my new chainsaw, too.

NO MO wood. Just say no.

johnsopi said:
NO MO wood. Just say no.
but I can't say no!! Gotta bout 1/2 cord of fresh cut sawed to length sliver maple today. Just couldn't say no. Its 3-4 year out burnin, but I can split, stack, dry. and cover. How could I say no. But honey, it was free!!....

I split, hauled and stacked wood for 9 straight hours on Saturday..All by myslef, I pumped out 5 full cord with my TW-5 Timberwolf with the 6-way wedge on her..I even had to throw the splits into a trailer hooked up to my 4-wheeler and trailer them about 100' to where my stackes were! my wood is done~!

The electric company was trimming around power lines. Picked up about a half a cord of a little of everything. Not the best but it will burn. Now just have to find time to split it.

Status
Not open for further replies.