Mobile wood rack system for wood shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mustash29

Minister of Fire
Feb 6, 2012
SE CT
Came across this on youtube.....rather interesting setup.

Reactions: albert1029
Pretty clever! I don't have any railroad tracks laying around so I guess I'll stick to pallets ;lol

Not sure but I think someone else may have posted about this earlier. Looks interesting.

Pretty clever! I don't have any railroad tracks laying around so I guess I'll stick to pallets ;lol
Just order a set online....maybe Walmart.;lol

-----------------------------

The set up looks pretty cool, but it also looks like ya need a $40,000 skid-steer too.:eek:

I know some folks who would have used that ram to knock on my door!

Hmmm. . . he already had a skid steer. Seems like it'd have been a lot easier to simply palletize the wood and use the skid steer to move/stack the pallets. . .

Reactions: geoff1969
I like the concept, but loader can only push about so much, if you've even got a loader. Just some ideas: Wooden rails with some kind of high density polyethylene surfacing. Set up for two or three rows of pallets. Use cable to pull one set of pallets at time with cable going down the middle. Some kind of limit switch to shut winch off when pull is completed, while you're busy splitting wood or whatever. Or maybe a home-brew walking bed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.