Modern Flames - Electric Fireplaces

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ARGlock

Feeling the Heat
Aug 24, 2010
Arkansas
Hope everyone is having a good summer so far! I know this is probably not the right place to post this but given it's summer maybe it won't be frowned on too much.

Has anyone had any experience with the Modern Flames Electric Fireplaces?

For looks and small secondary rooms, this could be a good fit for some.

Thanks,

AR

From the models I've seen they either hang on the wall or can be inset within a 2 x 4 wall for example. The other model I saw could be placed within a fireplace. That model has some depth and a few styles of ceramic sides. I watched several of the models operate at a recent show and they look Awesome. If anyone has any experience with these, please jump in.

AR

Nice looks but isn't electric on the high end of heating dollars? What's the cost on the units?

Depending on cost, you could probably install a small pellet burner and recoup the cost versus these unit's costs and electric usuage over a few years and get the real flames;)

Good point Lake Girl! They are really for looks like in doctor's offices and places where people don't want to deal with loading pellets. They do put out 1,500 watts enough for around 400 square feet. As far as costs, the 60 inch model retails for around 1,150.00. They come with a remote control. Wendy's restaurants are installing them as I understand in several locations around the country. Just curious if anyone has had any long term experience with these units since we are thinking of selling them.

AR

Status
Not open for further replies.