Modern Stonehedge....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's cool. I have always enjoyed watching professional riggers at work. Physics is a wonderful thing.

I once heard about a mechanical contractor around here who lowballed a bid to replace a chiller in the basement of a building. Everybody else was going to knock out a wall and hire a big crane to drop it in, charging the client for everything. He filled the air shaft outside the mech room with a truckload of ice, rolled the chiller on it with a rollback and did a controlled melt with a garden hose to drop it down the pit. He had previously laid pipe and timbers in the hole, and when the chiller was down, rolled it into the mech room to its final location with nothing more than a couple of helpers. Didn't see it, but this came from one of our project managers, who I believe.

Gotta think outside the box, I guess...

Chris

Redox said:
That's cool. I have always enjoyed watching professional riggers at work. Physics is a wonderful thing.

I once heard about a mechanical contractor around here who lowballed a bid to replace a chiller in the basement of a building. Everybody else was going to knock out a wall and hire a big crane to drop it in, charging the client for everything. He filled the air shaft outside the mech room with a truckload of ice, rolled the chiller on it with a rollback and did a controlled melt with a garden hose to drop it down the pit. He had previously laid pipe and timbers in the hole, and when the chiller was down, rolled it into the mech room to its final location with nothing more than a couple of helpers. Didn't see it, but this came from one of our project managers, who I believe.

Gotta think outside the box, I guess...

Chris

awesome. I bet these two guys would get along great....not sure what this guys going to do with the hedge once its done though.

Status
Not open for further replies.