1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Modern Stonehedge....

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by MainePellethead, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MainePellethead

MainePellethead Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Redox

Redox Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Burbs of B'more, MD, Hon!
    That's cool. I have always enjoyed watching professional riggers at work. Physics is a wonderful thing.

I once heard about a mechanical contractor around here who lowballed a bid to replace a chiller in the basement of a building. Everybody else was going to knock out a wall and hire a big crane to drop it in, charging the client for everything. He filled the air shaft outside the mech room with a truckload of ice, rolled the chiller on it with a rollback and did a controlled melt with a garden hose to drop it down the pit. He had previously laid pipe and timbers in the hole, and when the chiller was down, rolled it into the mech room to its final location with nothing more than a couple of helpers. Didn't see it, but this came from one of our project managers, who I believe.

Gotta think outside the box, I guess...

Chris
  3. MainePellethead

MainePellethead Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    awesome. I bet these two guys would get along great....not sure what this guys going to do with the hedge once its done though.
  4. High_Iron

High_Iron Member

Loc:
    Long Island
    As an Ironworker, we do lots of rigging . We feel we can move anything. That was impressive!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.