Modifying Pellet Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2009
NORTHERN MAINE
Ive been toying with this idea for awhile..........being from the powersports tech side of things,Im thinking obout JetHot coating my baffle plate,burn pot,and exhaust fan blade.....in my view nothing would stick to it.........hope Mike(from Englander) chimes in, weve used this hitech coating with our engines many times with great results...........this stuff is put on turbo blades for durability. good to 1500 degrees ar so....any ideas on this? No matter what stove you got,Im thinking something could be improved......hepa filters on the room air blowers would be cool......or pellet stoves shaped like a turbo,now we're talkin......... ;-) http://www.jet-hot.com/techinfo.html http://www.jet-hot.com/npowered.html

Sounds like the gears are really spinning in your head - lol.

Lots of good ideas. Would the coating be cost effective? Sounds expensive. My stove was already very high priced.

I'd be interested in what comes of this... keep us posted on here.

Curious why you would want to reduce the heat transfer efficency of your stove? According to the data sheet this coating reduces heat transfer over 60%. Seems like that would defeat the purpose of having a pellet stove.

I was think about doing it for rust prevention,ease of cleaning....coating the exhaust fan blade might reduced heat in the fan motor.....as far as cost, we coated a snowmobile pipe this year for $150,which was a rather large piece.....thay have a sparkle finish that might look trick on the baffle plate. Just sent in a estimate request to them, ill post what i hear back.

BDPVT said:
Curious why you would want to reduce the heat transfer efficency of your stove? According to the data sheet this coating reduces heat transfer over 60%. Seems like that would defeat the purpose of having a pellet stove.

maybe if you were to coat items you don't want hot, i.e. anything other than the heat exchanger componants, in theory it would make the heat exchanger hotter. You don't want the baffle plate the be hot, so the heat has to go somewhere else. like the stove sidewalls and the heat exchanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.