Modine Hot Dawg will not stay lit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gixxer998

Nov 19, 2010
Central PA
Hello everyone,

Great forum here.

I am having an issue with my 75,000 BTU Modine Hot Dawg propane garage heater. It will cycle through the process of firing, fire then the flame will go out after 9-10 seconds. It will try this 4 more times than trip out.

I have removed the flame detection probe, cleaned it and re-installed it but still nothing. My propane (100 gallon) bottle was recently filled and I have never had an issue with the heater before now.

One thing, during the summer I turn off the main valve on the tank. When I turned it on to use the heater I hear what sounded like a slight "pop" or a "tick" like maybe the regulator outside did something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

[One thing, during the summer I turn off the main valve on the tank. When I turned it on to use the heater I hear what sounded like a slight "pop" or a "tick" like maybe the regulator outside did something. [/quote]

Try turning the gas valve OFF, & let it sit for a minute, then turn it back on s-l-o-w-l-y. You may have tripped the OPD in the tank...

Status
Not open for further replies.