1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Moding my Makita DCS 520i -Where can I find how/what to do???

Post in 'The Gear' started by donatello, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donatello

donatello Member

Loc:
    Connecticut
    I don't want to go crazy with mods,just some "light" mods for more horsepower,etc.. It's a bone stock DCS 520i with 18"bar. Just looking for how/what to do... I don't want to gut my muffler,run lean and burn a piston. Am I correct in assuming this is a repackaged Dolmar saw?
    I did a number of searches and came up with nothing...

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. TMonter

TMonter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hayden, ID
    It is a repackaged Dolmar, your best bet for modding questions is:

www.arboristsite.com in the chainsaw section.
  3. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    Makita owns Dolmar, but all Dolmars are still made at the German plants, and the Makita saws are just plain Dolmars in blue. Second on the notion that Arboristsite is the place to go for hot-saw mods - both how to's and connections to people that can do it for you if you don't want to do it yourself.

I'm not planning to do it, as I want to keep my noise levels reasonable, and my 7900 makes plenty of power in stock form, but the word on muffler mods seems to be only a moderate increase in the opening size (I forget the exact formula they reccomend, but there is one) and then richening up the carb to allow for the increased flow.

Gooserider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.