Moisture meter on sale at Canadian Tire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burnt03

Feeling the Heat
Oct 30, 2011
Peachland, BC, Canada
So you're saying they are Bubbles approved?

lol, at the very least it's Steve French approved.

I bought the same one last year when it was on sale for $29. It works ok, not that having one is really all that necessary, but I like cheap gadgets and it gives a ball-park moisture reading for newly bought wood.
I also got the infrared temp gun for 20 bucks as well, when it was on sale. I actually use it fairly regularly.

The temp gun is reasonably accurate too. I have compared it too my Fluke Instruments and the results are close. I found the CT one did not go high enough for stove use.

Thanks for sharing!
Was 50% off at my CT location, but seems to work very well.

Glad to hear you picked it up! At the sale price, would be a good xmas gift if I had any family around here that used an EPA stove.

It's aback up to $79? Darn....

Probably won't help you Machria, but the website has a feature that you can get it to email you when a specific product is going on sale. Pretty handy for something like that, winter tires or a certain tool that you don't need right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.