Moisture proof insulation cement board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougstove

Feeling the Heat
Aug 7, 2009
New Brunswick, Canada
Hello;
I have a memory of seeing a cement board or drywall product that had expanded polystyrene balls embedded within it, to create insulation.
Can anyone point me towards such a product? I am not finding it through Google.
cheers, Doug

Hello;
I have a memory of seeing a cement board or drywall product that had expanded polystyrene balls embedded within it, to create insulation.
Can anyone point me towards such a product? I am not finding it through Google.
cheers, Doug

For what application?

Do not use for hearth applications. Not rated for that.

Thanks for the information.
Not for a hearth; I want to add an insulation layer below an existing ceiling, and thought this might be a 1 step installation, rather than foam board covered with drywall.

Foam bead in the cement board are there more for lightening the weight of the board rather than for insulation purposes. A few different kinds out there, more of a density thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.