Moldy pine?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here is a pic of a pile of loose splits (8'w x 12'L x 4.5'H) 75% pine/hemlock, 25% cedar/alder. that I plan to leave in this configuration untill my wood bins are empty ( jan/feb time frame) when I will then stack it in the bins

Attachments

• P1010012 (2).JPG
    P1010012 (2).JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 123
Elderthewelder said:
here is a pic of a pile of loose splits (8'w x 12'L x 4.5'H) 75% pine/hemlock, 25% cedar/alder. that I plan to leave in this configuration untill my wood bins are empty ( jan/feb time frame) when I will then stack it in the bins

Yuck! I HATE stacking in the winter! The cold air is so thin it kicks my a$$. I don't know how some people can do it.
I got 4 cords in January once that I could not pass up one year. I just covered with a tarp and pulled from it if I needed, stacked the rest in the spring.
That's me & ya, I can be a big baby, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.