Monday and Tuesday's haul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xrayman

Jul 11, 2008
central Iowa
Neighbor call and told me he was taking trees out to expand one of his farms. Ended up with 9 trips with the dump trailer. They would knock the trees down with the escavator and I would cut what i wanted and load it with his skid loader. Ended up with a good mix of Ash, Maple and one cherry.

Attachments

• wood1.jpg
    wood1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 470
  • wood2.jpg
    wood2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 478
not a bad load of wood. Looks like you have some work ahead of you

Jeff

That is a great way to get a lot of wood fast! Congratulations to you. Now you have to get it cut and split so it has time to dry before you need it. One little hint though would be to set that splitter vertical and you will split faster and easier. I also like to sit while splitting as that is the easiest.

Machine knocked it down, machine loaded it, machine to split it...EZ wood! Congrats!

One little hint would be to set that splitter horizontal and you will split faster and easier. I also like to stand while splitting as that is the easiest...... Hi Dennis!! ;-)

Variety is the spice of life....theres no right or wrong way to split wood.... C/S/S/burn. :lol:

WOW! That's a big time score.
Some size to it, definitely vertical on those big ones.
Good stuff too.
Very nice neighbor.

Big score!

thanks for the replys guys. I'll get pics on I get it split and stacked which i'll be starting this weekend. I'm gonna have some happy teenagers who will get to help.

wood-fan-atic said:
One little hint would be to set that splitter horizontal and you will split faster and easier. I also like to stand while splitting as that is the easiest...... Hi Dennis!! ;-)

Variety is the spice of life....theres no right or wrong way to split wood.... C/S/S/burn. :lol:

Well wood-fan-atic, we can't all be right so we'll excuse you this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.