Money in the Bank!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redburn

Mar 2, 2009
Southern Ct
A friend of mine has the wood fever. That's when if u hear a saw or see fresh cut wood on the side of the road u get whip lash and if keep stacking like the apocalypse is coming. So i see his wife the other day and she says hey Money in the bank Josh is that what u told my husband? yeah I did...... she says he has enough and he keeps bringing it home and saying but hun its money in the bank.........I said your a lucky woman to have a guy thats not lazy and wants to keep his family warm and you should thank him i wish I had the as much yard as u I would do the same thing......... If he was on drugs then I would worry...... wood collecting is a harmless hobby.....lol!

Being a mass hoarder of wood always gets the friends and family talking and making fun of ya. they just dont understand. lol. but now i have an excuse to have a ton as im starting to sell it. but still they dont understand. its fun for us. its exersize. and beats paying for oil.

ecocavalier02 said:
Being a mass hoarder of wood always gets the friends and family talking and making fun of ya. they just dont understand. lol. but now i have an excuse to have a ton as im starting to sell it. but still they dont understand. its fun for us. its exersize. and beats paying for oil.

Yeah, if only I had known this last year. December 2nd, filled up oil for $642; January 13th, filled up oil again for $684. So the phrase, 'money in the bank' is sooooo true!!!

Yikes 630 bucks. I spent 450 for all 2010 last year.

Only those who do not understand wood burning think someone is gathering too much wood. I've never understood why it is okay to keep 500 gallons of propane or fuel oil but not have a large wood pile. Maybe it is just that the wood takes up more room. Perhaps some also don't like it because they are different from their neighbors. Pure baloney.

Status
Not open for further replies.