Monitoring storage temps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered the sure digital thermometer from sure on ebay. It came two weeks latter totally dead. I can send it back to china for my $13.00 back if I pay for shipping!
Not worth it.

I ordered the sure digital thermometer from sure on ebay. It came two weeks latter totally dead. I can send it back to china for my $13.00 back if I pay for shipping! Not worth it.

Frustrating when something doesn't work. Tough to blame the Chinese mfr because so much electronics are made in China, regardless of the brand name. Plus, another mfr, including a US mfr, just doesn't guaranty a quality, working product anyway.

I've installed about 25 of the Sure DS18b20 digital meters and all have worked fine. With the DS18b20's you need to pay attention to the length of the wire run. I've installed runs up to about 35 feet successfully. I use Cat 5e wire and I double up the wires, i.e., a twisted pair for the signal, twisted pair for the DC supply and twisted pair for the ground. The DS18b20 meters have two channels, but I've installed all but one using a single channel only, mainly because I don't like the alternately flashing channel read-outs. The meters now are in their 2nd - 3rd heating seasons and none have failed. I especially like the red and blue led's, red for "hot" lines and blue for "cool" lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.