Montpelier coming tomorrow!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rover47

Oct 2, 2006
Albany New York
Well I finally convinced the spousal unit that we needed an insert. Only thing is, she wanted a flush mount. Actually it is going to fit in quite nicely in the 1913 house. The fire place is the center of attention in the living room. It will have the mead trim package.
Now the details, It an out side chimney two story. They are going to install an insulated liner with the insert. They are going to seal off the top and bottom.
The house is going to get toasty with the 602 in the kitchen and now the insert in the living room.
I'll probably get in their way taking pics etc. Hopefully I'll get them up soon, and be burning Thursday night. :cheese:

Congrats on the new insert! Enjoy the heat and let us know how you like it after you get to using it regularly.

Steve

The installers arrived at 9am today. The first thing they did was cover all the floors with tarps. They then got the damper out and opened up the frame for the pipe. The 20+ feet of liner slid in with out a hitch. They then sealed off the top of the chimney and installed the cap. After a little adjustment the pelier was connected. They also sealed off the bottom of the chimney. The blower was plugged in using a power supply I provided in the fireplace. Did not want to see the cord. The surround was installed and a test fire lit. No problem with a draft even though it was in the high fifties at the time. It looks great! The installers were done by noon! They were polite knew what they were doing and cleaned up after themselves
it was well worth the price. I'll get the pics up as soon as I get them out of the camera.

Sounds great! I'm looking forward to seeing the pics. Were the installers from the stove shop where you purchased? Sounds like a good shop or installers. Name?

Steve

Great install sometimes those exteriors chimneys can limit draft but not with your setup. Done right the first time! Nice heat and it will add beauty to your living room! My wife also didn't want a box sticking out on the hearth!

To answer the question yes the installers were from the place I purchased the insert. The company is Matchless located just south of Albany. I paid top dollar for the insert but for me it was well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.