Montpelier Fans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rover47

Oct 2, 2006
Albany New York
Really like the insert except....... :roll: With two dogs and one cat that lives in from of the insert, anyone have suggestions to keep
the screens clean on the fans? It's a pain cleaning the left one with the fan control blocking it. Thought about moving it.

hmmm... how about another loose piece of screen slid in front of the existing screens? You could easily pull them out, and clean daily if you needed.

Our pooch is a shorkie... doesn't shed!

Gabe

Don't forget that the air enters each fan cylinder from both side, through the screen and from the side near the motor. The side near the motor does not have a screen. I use a tooth brush to clean the screens about once a week, usually when I clean out the ashes. When I check, the blades on the side near the motor are usually covered with dust, lint, and cat hair (two cats that love the stove). Since it is so easy, I pull the fan assembly about once a month. Then remove both fan cylinders and clean the blades. The difference in air movement and noise is dramatic. The fan does not have to work as hard to move the same amount of air.

KaptJaq

I'll take a look at the removal. I have not had them out of the insert yet. When I have them out , I'll look and see if I can move the switch. That would make cleaning much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.