Moral Questions...Ask before cutting/taking... with a twist

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
good news...

If your scared keep on doing nothing he will probably kick your $sses

Well in that case, please ignore this suggestion to pile all the deadfall on his driveway and and charge him $1200 to remove it, which would have taken care of both issues. Probably not in the Christmas spirit anyway. Happy Holidays.

Mike

"Do your property deeds stipulate any responsibility towards maintenance of the road?"

Yes, restrictive covenants and the like and it clearly states a road fee is payable each year, on or around June 15th, has been the date

Next question is whether the covenants provide for attorneys fees to the prevailing party. Putting a lien on the property is rather expensive. Going to small claims court is rather inexpensive since you can pretty much do it yourself. You would just have to get the financial record keeper of the association to testify that the guy has never paid his fees and that "x" amount is owed for "y" number of months. The filing fees are rather cheap too.

Personally...I'd take his logs and drag them in front of his access road to his cottage. When he asked who did it, say don't know, just some squatter that was living in his drive with a travel trailer for the last few months, and walk away letting him thinking about it

Craig

You guys crack me up.

All the road commitee members arrive in June so, I may print a few of these posts. Now remember, the three on the road comittee are the ones who can push this, if they decide not to, then we as a comittee have to agree to vote them off, elect a new road commitee trio and start the legal process.

I just dont understand the thought process of someone who would want to drive by knowing everyone knows he is getting a free ride, no conscience or what

I love this board guys, lets put this to rest and eek out whatever remains of this years burning season

I burned four cords of softwood and one hardwood. this year, ten cord of softwood left and a whole season of warm weather ahead, waiting for next October

Thanks all
Some people just have no shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.