More BTU's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This is in the area I worked last night, I have more beech, small hard maple and some birch that are topped off that have to be dropped. Weekend sort of iffy but hope I can get back in one of the two days if not next week.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1057.jpg
    100_1057.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 328
  • 100_1058.jpg
    100_1058.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 331
  • 100_1059.jpg
    100_1059.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 338
When don't you cut? :) If we ever have another ice age, your gonna have a lot of friends show up. ;-P

ckarotka said:
When don't you cut? :) If we ever have another ice age, your gonna have a lot of friends show up. ;-P

Have to get it before it rots, if we had the bugs out you might not see back there but the only time I was bothered was when I stacked last. (Deer Flies)

If I had to sell some that would work, and if I had a neighbor that needed some I'd load up the truck and help them out.

zap

Keep right on cutting Zap. It's much better than letting it rot.

Backwoods Savage said:
Keep right on cutting Zap. It's much better than letting it rot.

+1

Swedishchef said:
I sure wish I had wood like that on my land!!!

Andrew

What type of wood do you have?

zap

scrap! I have lots of wood but it's all softwood. I don't own a wodolot. On the back of my piece of land I have about 25 cords of blue spruce/ some fir. that's it. I gotta cut my hardwood on crown land or buy it from someone (in 8 foot sections).

Andrew

Swedishchef said:
scrap! I have lots of wood but it's all softwood. I don't own a wodolot. On the back of my piece of land I have about 25 cords of blue spruce/ some fir. that's it. I gotta cut my hardwood on crown land or buy it from someone (in 8 foot sections).

Andrew

We have softwood also and decided that we wanted some for next heating season 2011-2012 for the shoulder season. How much softwood and hardwood do you burn in a heating season.

zap

Well, that depends.

I plan on burning 3 cords of maple during the winter and 1-2 cords in the shoulder season.

It really depends on if I heat 24/7 or not. If I make a fire when I get home for the evening and one in the morning before I go to work, I won't burn too much. But going 24/7 eats the wood pretty quickly.

Andrew

Precaud here in New York you can't transport wood over 50 miles from the spot it was cut what are the laws in New Mexico?

Zap

Laws? In New Mexico? I can see you've never been here... :snake:

Status
Not open for further replies.