More Cherry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Once I made a trail after cutting the first cherry I found a good size cherry down. After cutting we had 37 good size rounds and the smaller ones on top.

Zap

Attachments

• DSC01943.JPG
    DSC01943.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 478
  • DSC01944.JPG
    DSC01944.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 502
good scores on all the cherry. I'm envious cherry burns great!!!!

Good score on the cherry. Cherry is my favorite, other than oak, and locust and apple and pear and ash and hickory.

Cherry freak you!
But I have some Pignut and Shagbark thats over 2 years old I will torch in Jan/Feb.

WoodButcher

Good score. I like the way cherry smells, as well as ease to split plus seasons well.

Dune said:
Good score on the cherry. Cherry is my favorite, other than oak, and locust and apple and pear and ash and hickory.

LOL! Yes, I would have to say Cherry is my favorite, too - other than Osage Orange (Hedge), Hickory, Ironwood, Beech, Birch, Black Locust, Apple, Mulberry, Oak, Maple, Ash, Juniper, Hackberry, Tamarack, Walnut - and Elm.

(I'm a BTU/cord freak - most heat for the least amount of space and hauling, so that is just the list of woods of higher btu/cord than cherry, with elm moved to the last because of the smell and terrible splitting! :) ) Of course, 'Free' wood trumps all!

CowboyAndy said:
Dune said:

really? you like ash more than cherry?

I love cherry...

No, not really. If I had to pick one wood, it would be locust though.

Status
Not open for further replies.