More craigslist scamming?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think three pics of half cord drops would be representative of what his inventory is. That said, I have no idea what grows naturally in Oregon but if the guy is salvaging wood from residential areas, there could be all sorts on non-indigenous species.

True. There are a lot of non-native trees in urban areas. It's very possible he has these trees. It made me wonder, though.

Madrone, What is your avatar a pic of? I'm assuming it's a tree, but it always catches my attention. It's very interesting.

Why, it's a madrone, of course! They constantly shed their bark, revealing a smooth trunk. Beautiful trees, and great firewood!

I'm going to sound stupider than I am, but Arbutus is the main "Family" name, or genus? or species? It's been so long since high school biology!
Anyway, MAdrone and strawberry trees are under the same thing. It's my favorite tree, and I can't pass one without fondling the peeling bark off to the smooth underside. Planted one so I don't have to go for a walk to do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.