More cutting today.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Some sugar maple that looks petrified hard as a rock lots of sparks when cutting.Also a piece of red oak that's been laying cut for about 2 years,I'm happy to see there's no rot just some fungi growing on it. You hear a lot that red oak deteriorates quickly.
pet1.jpeg
pet2.jpeg
pet3.jpeg

Reactions: fireview2788
Nice but I see a lot of powder sawdust in your last pic....that's never good, neither are the sparks from the rock hard wood. (Actually sparks from excessive blade to bar wear / binding)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nice but I see a lot of powder sawdust in your last pic....that's never good, neither are the sparks from the rock hard wood. (Actually sparks from excessive blade to bar wear / binding)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
You are right, I was stretching it a bit with that blade,however I did finally replace it with a fresh one.

Blade? Exactly what type of saw are you using? Most folks use chainsaws here which use chains on a bar. ;)

Reactions: Longstreet
Status
Not open for further replies.