More free wood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FatttFire

Feb 14, 2008
Snowbelt, Ohio
Stopped and asked a tree trimmer for this big ash, and smaller shag bark hickory! He dropped them off for free. I offered a case of beer for him and his crew, he said "don't worry about it" Ash is 65 years old, shag bark is 34 years old! All in all, still free! When he dropped them off he said I was just in time 10 others stopped and asked for it, 3 offered money! He still gave them to me though, and did take a thing for it! Nice to see there are still some honest people around! Think about it he still didn't even take the beer, I was offering! Strange! I am not complaining though!

sorry couldn't get my pic to post will add pic later

feel like an idiot now 8-/

There got it! :coolsmile:

Attachments

• DSC00513.JPG
    DSC00513.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 564
  • DSC00513.JPG
    DSC00513.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 555
Always nice to get a load of free wood. Lucky you were there first and the guy was honest, keeping his word on giving it to you. This tree trimmer would be a good honest fellow to deal with. My wife says I have enough wood but she hasn't seen anything yet. :)

Great. what did he use to deliver the tree trunks? They look very heavy.

It had to cost him something to load and deliver, surprised he didn't want any financial return...guess he had to move it anyway, as the property owner didn't want it, is seems.

he was being paid by the city to remove the trees, and he had a crane truck so once he craned them down and on to the truck he just dumped them off to me :coolgrin:

Okay, next question, what is your Avatar? It may just be my poor old eyes, but it looks like a dark red/black rectangle.

Carl said:
...My wife says I have enough wood but she hasn't seen anything yet. :)

Carl, we're trying to keep this a nice clean, kid-friendly forum. So...you're going for the little purple pill, or what? Lemme know how that works out. :lol: Rick

lol............ rick is funny!

My Avatar is my old Fisher, Poppa/ Momma/ Grandpa/ Grandma/ first cousins' removed, best friends second roommate from down the hall wood stove! :lol:

Guess I will have to work on a better picture!

thats great. right now there is logging going on the end of my road. My buddy leaves his trailer there, they fill it with the ends of the hardood usually around 4-6' long and then he hooks up to it and haul it to my house. My trailer holds about a cord. I get three trailers per week for nothing. and this will go on for the next 20 weeks

fossil said:
Carl said:
...My wife says I have enough wood but she hasn't seen anything yet. :)

Carl, we're trying to keep this a nice clean, kid-friendly forum. So...you're going for the little purple pill, or what? Lemme know how that works out. :lol: Rick

I think my wife may need them instead of me. :)

Actually, she doesn't have much to say on what I get. I just do it anyway unless her name is on it. Last truck I purchased she didn't want me to so now my name is the only one on it. Wish I could say that about other things we own.

I didn't want to start a new thread but wanted to let you guys...and gals.... know I just split near a cord of

FREE SHAGBARK HICKORY :)

I currently have stacked and split about 12 cord of various hardwoods.

C'mon winter!

ansehnlich1 said:
I didn't want to start a new thread but wanted to let you guys...and gals.... know I just split near a cord of

FREE SHAGBARK HICKORY :)

I currently have stacked and split about 12 cord of various hardwoods.

C'mon winter!

wheres the pics man?? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.