More Free Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lukem

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2010
Indiana
A guy at work has 15 or so smallish trees and 2 large trees behind his house he's taking out himself. He said he (his teenage son actually) would load it on my truck if I helped him cut some of the larger logs his saw can't handle.

So I drive 20 minutes, get to run the 361 for a bit (which is always fun), and come home with a load of firewood I didn't have to touch.

Sounds like a deal to me!

lukem, sounds like a good deal depending on what type of trees they are. Edit, chit it sounds great, I'm burning Quaking Aspen.

zap

With your stacks its just what you need...As a top off product! lol If your not already your stacks will be a landmark to give people directions. Turn left at the wood pile George.....

smokinjay said:
With your stacks its just what you need...As a top off product! lol If your not already your stacks will be a landmark to give people directions. Turn left at the wood pile George.....

I'm not sure what it is, but it is all hardwood. Said a lot of cherry and maple...but he doesn't have the best ID skills.

I still need to get around to processing the rest of the pile in my avatar....but have been too busy lately. Maybe tomorrow I'll put a dent in it.

lukem said:
smokinjay said:

I'm not sure what it is, but it is all hardwood. Said a lot of cherry and maple...but he doesn't have the best ID skills.

I still need to get around to processing the rest of the pile in my avatar....but have been too busy lately. Maybe tomorrow I'll put a dent in it.

I have 10 cords stacked for this season. I need to get busy though but out of room on my slab. Logs are piled rounds are piled. More standing but I now like to bring it in split and stack it right away. Leaves the mess somewhere else.

Jay, you seem to be a bit behind schedule this year.

lukem said:
So I drive 20 minutes, get to run the 361 for a bit (which is always fun), and come home with a load of firewood I didn't have to touch.

Can't beat those deals. Nice score.

Status
Not open for further replies.