More info on 6039

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David Hall

I did not give enough info on the stoves the Lopie is a manually operated stove, the american harvest is computer operated, that may be the reason they say I can only use the pellet vent and not the 6" like I did with the lopie?;?

First of all, I'm guessing you're referring to your previous post about the 6039? You didn't mention anything in that thread about the exhaust system, so I'm not sure what you're asking here.

Whether a pellet stove is manually operated or computer controlled, the same pellet vent pipe is required. Don't know what you mean by " 6" like I did with the lopie (sic)".

BTW, who is the "they" you mentioned?

I believe he's saying he went to 6" stovepipe into a chimney instead of using pellet pipe. He's being told he can't do that with the American Harvest stove.

First of all, I'm guessing you're referring to your previous post about the 6039? You didn't mention anything in that thread about the exhaust system, so I'm not sure what you're asking here.

Whether a pellet stove is manually operated or computer controlled, the same pellet vent pipe is required. Don't know what you mean by " 6" like I did with the lopie (sic)".

Some stoves (including several Quads & the Harman XXV) offer a "top-vent adapter" kit for owners who wish to replace a wood stove. The pellet stove's installation manual explicitly allows for connecting a stove with this kit to existing 6" stove pipe -- pellet vent pipe is not required.

My understanding is that this type of venting is only permitted if that pellet stove's manual allows it.

They is the maker of the American Harvest stove Which is U S Stove. The lopie had an adaptor to go from pellet vent to standard 6" stove pipe which is how i set up the lopie. So i was going to do the same with the american harvest I was told by US STove I had to use 3" or 4" pellet vent pipe only or the stove would not operate properly

Status
Not open for further replies.