More newib questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dumaspup

Nov 17, 2007
NH
Well I can't learn if I don't ask Right;)
So My PB105 has feed rate settings Why would you change them? What does it do?
I get that it feeds slower or faster depending on which way you turn it.
I started on 4 and had plenty of heat about a month ago I turned it back to 3 and still have plenty of heat.
I'm thinking now that the heating season is over and the only job the pb will have all summer is making hot water that I might try turning it back to 1 Or would it be better to keep the feed rate up and have a shorter burn time? That is if the feed rate changes the burn time much???

Smokey is right on. Feed adjuster sets the "maximum amount of time the auger is allowed to run during a demand cycle". 4 is a good happy spot for almost all occasions, maybe a bit lower if you use teenie tiny pellets or a bit higher if you use somewhat loooongish pellets. No real downside to turning up, as the unit will still govern itself based on internall temps, but sometimes the units dont like it whan feed adjuster is below 3.

I have seen people in my area (New Mexico) Try and run pellet stoves on the lowest setting on the board (which is 1) and then it cause a tiny flame and the stoves seem to get alot dirty then if you run the between half and full tilt.

I have seen people in my area (New Mexico) Try and run pellet stoves on the lowest setting on the board (which is 1) and then it cause a tiny flame and the stoves seem to get alot dirty then if you run the between half and full tilt.
What if your heat loss doesn't require that high of a setting?

Do you open a window so it can be ran higher?

Mine idles 90%+ of the time. Just keep it clean.

What if your heat loss doesn't require that high of a setting?

Do you open a window so it can be ran higher?

Mine idles 90%+ of the time. Just keep it clean.

I agree.. My Quad has spent at least 90% of it's life on Low. And done a Fantastic job. Burns just as clean on low as it does on High. (Only used High a couple times my 1st year and didnt know better).

Reactions: smoke show
I Understand most people run on low, i was just meaning for the stoves we sell down here the is a probe that gets extra dirty in the exaust and running it on high keeps it cleaner longer. And the idea behind running the stove on High just lets more heat come out and heat up the room quicker and the stove shuts down quicker (Just my thoughts not fact)

Status
Not open for further replies.