More oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskiatomic

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2008
Central CT
I recieved a call @ about 5pm, come and get before someone else. All red oak.
Already bucked up, rolled it right on.

This all endend up at Poor Doug's, as to I am 5+ years ahead. (Thanx Denny)
Rest room stacks!!!

Poor Doug

KC

Attachments

• 9-9 507.jpg
    9-9 507.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 138
  • 9-9 508.jpg
    9-9 508.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 9-9 509.jpg
    9-9 509.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 9-9 510.jpg
    9-9 510.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 9-9 511.jpg
    9-9 511.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 121
Pen, again I my apoligies for the lack of adult empty cans, and or bottles in the pics.

I will try harder!!!!!!

KC

Reactions: ScotO and pen
That's great. Nice and easy. Can't get better then free rounds.... Well I guess free splits

Drooling...
That would be like 5 trips in my Subaru :p

Reactions: ScotO
....sure looks like you had a load on your trailer.

Close to home,defiantly felt the weight. Had to use the killer H&H transmission on the down hill grades.

KC

Pen, again I my apoligies for the lack of adult empty cans, and or bottles in the pics.

I will try harder!!!!!!

KC

No problems at all, my primary concern is for your health and well being! From what I'm seeing there, I'm just afraid you have some underlying condition that is keeping you out of the bottle. Maybe there is a cure if you get to the docs and get things checked out. Maybe start with a PET scan? Get on that man! ;lol

pen

Easy pickins, and looks like a lot of clear trunk wood that should split easy. Some of the wood looks blue...is that mold? ;) Seriously, nice score!

Nice score.....thats a chit load of wieght on that there trailer

Real nice score of good-looking rounds, KC. But remember- the splits won't be dry enough to burn for about.... 25 years or so.

Nice haul, KC. It's also nice to see that, although you are 5 years ahead, you are still fueling your addiction and impulse to scrounge by jumping up and getting that stuff. And giving it to another that will use it, priceless!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Poor Doug should be here soon. Going to get another load of oak and pine. The homeower has two other trees down that I need to ID, I believe one is yellow tulip, not sure on the other. To be bucked and removed in my spare time. LOL

KC

Those should be great to split - they all look like straight trunk sections.

Great looking score.Should be dry enough by 2015 when the next Blue Moon appears lol.....

That is some NICE red oak! Some of those rounds look huge! It does look like it will make for relatively easy splitting, though. Wonder how much weight there is in that load?!

That poor trailer!!

Nice load, Im just up the road from you KC, can you load one up and drop it off at my place, please pm me for directions ==c

I recieved a call @ about 5pm, come and get before someone else. All red oak. Already bucked up, rolled it right on.

This all endend up at Poor Doug's, as to I am 5+ years ahead. (Thanx Denny)
Rest room stacks!!!

Poor Doug

KC

You are welcome KC. Perhaps the next load like that should be directed to Michigan?! That is one sweet score!

Status
Not open for further replies.