More pellets??????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
They just keep coming! I guess I better unload them.

Eric

Attachments

• pellets1.jpg
    pellets1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 360
Reactions: DAKSY
10 bag limits in place around me. I don't think we will rebound until the summer.

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
10 bag limits in place around me. I don't think we will rebound until the summer.
Same here for the one place and its bullshit........There are pellets everywhere here !
Bring a truck to mifflin county and I'll get ya pellets !!

I still have 54 bags left of the 4 1/2 tons I started with.

1.5 tons left out of a stash of 108 bags left over from 12-13 & supplimented by an additional 7 tons...
COLD one & it ain't done yet...

Same thing around here many places have limits on how many bags you can buy. I didn't plan for all the cold weather and have been picking up bags when I can. What is everyone's opinion if the supply will rebound for next heating season. I plan to buy my pellets this summer and I might buy an additional ton just in case. Do think there will be a limited supply?

Scarce pickins round here. 15 bag limit at my local pellet dealer. I don't mind as I probably have enough
to get me through to the "no heat needed" season.

TSC had a 10 bag limit last week. They just got some in yesterday, no limit. I asked why, and the employee said it was too much hassle to do the 10 bag limit. They had lines in the parking lot, and it tied up 3 people to make it work. This way, only one person needed to handle the pellets, and when they were gone, they were gone. I did get a ton for myself! They got a load of 22 tons, I hit them just right, as they were still on the truck.

Same here for the one place and its bullshit........There are pellets everywhere here !
Bring a truck to mifflin county and I'll get ya pellets !!
Yea I'm eating my own words. Never seen it this bad. We had enough for the season, but I'm essentially burning my reserve stash now. Gotta bulk up this year.

I'm already buying for next year. Got 2 tons into the 6 tons I want.
I would think that now would be the wrong time to stock up for next year, when there is a shortage and prices are high. Better to wait until supply is plentiful and prices are lower. Maybe July, August, or September.

Reactions: wsar10 and ScotL
The TSC, HD, Agway and Ace Hardware stores in my area stated two weeks ago that that was it for pellets this season and started rolling out the patio furniture and lawn and garden supplies. Couple of local stove dealers also gave up trying to secure more pellet deliveries too.

Guess I picked the wrong year to get into the pellet game.

I see a lot of Lowes and TSC's still taking deliveries, not sure about HD. The 'real' pellet shops are getting plenty in as well. I think the very temporary shortage is over.

I'm shopping for next year as well, still waiting on summer prices from most places. Other places seemed to have placed large orders when it was really cold and are just now getting them, so they are marking them down in price.

maybe the "shortage" (in some places) will benefit us, meaning; they placed large orders and now have to slash prices to dump them !!

I would think that now would be the wrong time to stock up for next year, when there is a shortage and prices are high. Better to wait until supply is plentiful and prices are lower. Maybe July, August, or September.

I got 2 tons from Home Depot for 196$ a ton. Not the best, but they work great in my stove. Lee Energy Systems.

does anyone really think the prices will come down in summer. Everything else they raise stays up there, milk, gas etc.

I fully expect to may more for pellets this year. It's just a question of how much.

FWIW, our "pre-buy" price for Energex locally is $195 a ton

FWIW, our "pre-buy" price for Energex locally is $195 a ton
That is an awesome price for pellets depending on the quality, My pre buy is going to be higher than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.