More Pics From Sundays Trip

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Just a few more pictures from Sundays trip back in The Woodlands. (named by the wife) The first two pics are another small sugar maple mother nature took care of, pic number three I call the dead zone (some nice small dead standing) looks like this will be work late spring or early summer and the last two are from up top of some small sugar maple.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2220.jpg
    100_2220.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 519
  • 100_2221.jpg
    100_2221.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 501
  • 100_2225.jpg
    100_2225.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 507
  • 100_2228.jpg
    100_2228.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 508
  • 100_2229.jpg
    100_2229.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 515
Wind had it's way with that area...

FireAnt said:
Wind had it's way with that area...

The area in the last two pictures is one off the highest points of our property so it gets the wind full force.

zap

Zap a couple of those pictures are really nice because it shows a little more of what type of land you are working with.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap a couple of those pictures are really nice because it shows a little more of what type of land you are working with.

Sav do you mean the hills?

zap

Great pics zap! Some of those trees look a bit smaller. Was that area clear years and years ago? I love walking in the woods up in VT. I try to imagine what the last looked like a few hundred years ago when everything was clear cut for farming/grazing. Or even before that...when all the old growth trees were around.

Skier76 said:
Great pics zap! Some of those trees look a bit smaller. Was that area clear years and years ago? I love walking in the woods up in VT. I try to imagine what the last looked like a few hundred years ago when everything was clear cut for farming/grazing. Or even before that...when all the old growth trees were around.

Skier76 we have so much thinning we need to do and the side of the hill in the picture needs it bad. Certain areas on our property they actually hayed over 40 years ago.

zap

Cool Zap

I love the hills. Wish I was closer so I could come out for a day or two and spend it in the woods with you.

Billy

Cowboy Billy said:
Cool Zap

I love the hills. Wish I was closer so I could come out for a day or two and spend it in the woods with you.

Billy

You can come east just make sure you bring the dozer so we can puch over some hills.

zap

zapny said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Sav do you mean the hills?

zap

Yes, that is what I mean. You have some pretty good hills there.

It's pretty amazing to see how quickly the forest can regrow after a number of years.

My wife and I usually go on some good winter hikes up in VT. It's a little easier to move around when there's some snow on the ground. We'll grab the snow shoes and head out for a nice walk in the woods. Our neighbors have about 40 acres up there and let us hike around. It's pretty hilly as well. There are some really old trees as well. I always find it interesting to see these old stone walls in the middle of the woods. years ago, they were open fields and they marked property lines. I'll have to take some pics next time we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.