More pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Locust Post

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2012
Northeast Ohio
The other 5.......before anyone says it I usually don't split the new stuff until spring.

Attachments

• wood 2012 January 008.jpg
    wood 2012 January 008.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 539
  • wood 2012 January 009.jpg
    wood 2012 January 009.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 529
  • wood 2012 January 010.jpg
    wood 2012 January 010.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 514
  • wood 2012 January 012.jpg
    wood 2012 January 012.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 518
  • wood 2012 January 013.jpg
    wood 2012 January 013.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 534
Where in Ohio are ya? BTW The stacks look great

I live about 15 miles east of Canton

Locust Post said:
The other 5.......before anyone says it I usually don't split the new stuff until spring.

Stacks look great LP, looks like it gets plenty of sun and wind.

zap

Locust Post said:
LocustPost nice to see you posting in all forums here. You are becoming a family member quickly. Nice stack.

Stack is about 6 to 6.5 feet high. Doesn't look like Sav's or Zap's but it works for me.

Locust Post said:
Stack is about 6 to 6.5 feet high. Doesn't look like Sav's or Zap's but it works for me.

Great looking stacks, any stack of wood is nice to look at :)
Now what's that about not splitting until spring, with the weather you've had recently ??? Jealousy here :)
Nice set up.

locust post, nice looking stacks. you scrounge all that? how much you burn in a year.

bogydave said:
Locust Post said:

Great looking stacks, any stack of wood is nice to look at :)
Now what's that about not splitting until spring, with the weather you've had recently ??? Jealousy here :)
Nice set up.

I don't split till spring because I do most of my cutting through winter. Yesterday was finally the weather I like to cut in. About 20 and very little wind.

maxed_out said:
locust post, nice looking stacks. you scrounge all that? how much you burn in a year.

Hey Maxed: I burn about 4 cords a year.....this year probably less. I have a few places to cut but most comes from a farmer that lives about 5 miles from home. This farmer has really gotten into the grain farming big time the last few years and bought several more farms. Everytime he does he cuts down all the old fence rows and little patches of trees so it is all tillable. He's not very patient.....you get it cut or he'll push it into the woods or pile it up ands burn it. We (there is a few of us that cut for him) do leave the straight logs for lumber and cut some locust post when we can. He's been very good to me over the years. I used to do a lot of bodywork at home in the evenings and the farm trucks always needed something is how I met him.

Locust Post said:

There is nothing wrong with your stacks. Nice work.

Backwoods Savage said:
Locust Post said:

There is nothing wrong with your stacks. Nice work.

Thanks Sav.....I'm just pokin a little fun. Just like what I've seen in you...I like to give but can also take it. All in fun though.

Status
Not open for further replies.