More problems with newmac furnace motor/blower/pulley

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyAndy

Feb 29, 2008
Chateaugay, NY
A while back, we had an issue where the pulley set screw worked itself loose and the pulley was binding and vibrating on the shaft of the blowers. We chalked it up to a loose set screw. Now its doing it again, but this time the set screw is still in (used lock tight on it) and what has happened is that the screw carved a groove into the shaft and is moving around.

I checked to make sure the 2 pulleys are flush with each other, and they are.

I have a feeling that the pulley may be bent somehow. Ever since we first installed it the motor/blower has always had some vibration to it. I have checked for level and plumb, all is ok.

What do you guys think?

Is there a keyway in the shaft and pulley? If not you could drill a shallow hole in shaft to set screw into. Actually a long bolt with a nut to lock it on the pulley wood work better than a set screw.

There is no keyway, but there is a simple flat spot. Honestly, we had more problems setting it on the flat spot than not!

Spoke to the dealer that we bought it from, they are ordering a new pulley to see is that helps the situation.

Try contacting Newmac at 902-662-3840. I have had excellent results in dealing with their customer support people. They have never let me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.