more questions about the englander NC30...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceisasolid

Jan 3, 2011
North Central Idaho
I was reading home depot reviews about it and found the following...

Overall Rating: 4/5
Almost perfect!,March 19, 2009
By weschultz4 from Massachusetts (read all my reviews)
"We bought this stove last year in October and have LOVED it for the most part.....We had NO heat running from October-March of this year and STILL heated our 1700 sq ft house with this stove...sometimes the house even got TOO hot! My only issue is when the stove gets cold and you have to start from scratch it has a very bad backdraft....we have never had this issue with any other stove but this one....we have had to open windows, turn on ceiling fans and run around house turning off smoke detectors with this. We have tried all things to stop it but it still seems to happen. Like I said ONLY when stove and pipe are COLD, once warmed its all set, but I do warn about the backdraft of smoke. Would still say its a definate good buy in all.."

any of you have this problem, that did not seem related to your chimney pipe?

Any problem like that is related to the chimney. And/or start-up technique. Stove don't draw smoke anywhere. They just make it.

THat's what I figured... I just bit on the the HD $669 stove. I take delivery in about 10 days.

I guess that I will be listing the newly rebuilt Englander 24 ac on Craigslist.

yup i jumped on that deal also i actually got 2 lol one for a friend if he wants it

Status
Not open for further replies.