More scrounge wood processing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
I have a big start for 2010/2011 (all the wood stacked on the right) hard work earned free. I am quite tired and will sleep good tonight.
WoodButcher Jr decided to pose for a shot......He said he could see the world from up there.
In order of quantity Cherry, White Ash, Red Maple, Sugar Maple, Oak.

WoodButcher

Attachments

• WB_2010_2011_supply_001.jpg
    WB_2010_2011_supply_001.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 735
  • WB_2010_2011_supply_002.jpg
    WB_2010_2011_supply_002.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 745
very sweeet you can stack with the best

looks great!
its hard not to appreciate a nicely stacked wood supply. i stare at mine every day, though its not as pretty as yours haha.

Beautiful. I see you are passing on the preference of bark up, split down.
I like your braced straight ends. Usually I've got nothing on the ends of my ranks - they're just sloped up to the 4.5' height.
Happy burning.

Nice stacks WOODBUTCHER, feels good to be ahead of the curv... eh?

those are some of the nicest stacks - wish i had the space for stacks like that - not that thay would like that nice anyway..

Great looking stacks!

Nice looking stacks. Agree with the rest about wishing I had the room to stack like that. Do you later re-split that down to size? Looks like those splits are pretty big. How long did it take to scrounge all that?

I don't know if it's an optical illusion or if the wood shrinks more across the short side than the long, but has anyone noticed rounds split in half never look like half circles, more like half ovals?

That's my kind of stacking too, bark side up.

Good job Woodbutcher.

Hey just passsin thru. I thougt my buddy was a little obsessive about splittin and stackin, he like it so much he comes over and helps me with my loads. I see he's definately not alone. Personally I hate the work load, but I hate Lp prices and all the bad thingas that go along w/its use even more.

We've stacked bark down before and I actually poured water (was fresh melted snow, ugh) out of it. It's always up for us, but if I'm lucky the woods cured enough it falls off. In that case I top the piles w/it for rain shed.

If I keep doing wood heat (this is year 3), apparently I'm going to have to take it a all little more seriously. I'm still learning what wood I've got much less sorting it, lol.

this all explains alot of my problems.

Nice pix, wish I had some level grd to cube some supplies.

Cool site, I'm gonna go post some other threads now.

C-ya rnd

Lazy Flame, stick around and we will watch for those threads. And you may even get to liking the work that is required. Personally, I look forward to it. We do our cutting during the winter months then split and stacking comes in the Spring.

Great looking stacks! I try to make mine look nice and neat, but if I want the wife to help I have to accept what she's willing to do - not very neat. It's typically 6 or 7 cords, so I don't complain. The more she helps the sooner I can get into the woods and start the next year's wood.

them stacks look awsome! i look at my stacks with alot of pride knowing that i did it all myself.

I always think WOODBUTHER's stacks looked small and wondered how he got through the winter, but I never saw them with a kid standing on them for perspective (I assumed the splits were the same size as mine . . .definitely much bigger).

Status
Not open for further replies.