More scrounging around and wood storage experimentation!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

curber

Feeling the Heat
Oct 6, 2011
south east idaho
Well I've been busy. Too busy to post all the changes in my wood burning career!! So finally I've got some time, It's snowing. Well I sold the Harman tl 300 to my in laws and got a drolet ht2000. Also been getting alot of wood. And decided to try out some different ways to move wood around with my new toy the toro dingo. Got 10 of the tote tanks for 40.00 and going to try them out. Just don't know how it's going to work with them only holding about .25 cord. Well look at the pics and see what you think. Sorry it looks like a firewood tornado came threw!! Pat

The wood I'm working on is locust and elm.
This wood will be for 2-3 years down the road.

Attachments

• today 022.JPG
    today 022.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 265
  • today 025.JPG
    today 025.JPG
    223.9 KB · Views: 257
  • today 027.JPG
    today 027.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 279
  • today 028.JPG
    today 028.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 268
  • today 029.JPG
    today 029.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 290
  • today 031.JPG
    today 031.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 266
  • today 032.JPG
    today 032.JPG
    275.4 KB · Views: 242
  • today 030.JPG
    today 030.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 242
Looking good. I love that ol' Ford truckbed trailer. Looks like something from 'round these parts!

Yeah that old trailer is a good one. Paid 200.00 for it!

Reactions: ScotO
Well I've been busy. Too busy to post all the changes in my wood burning career!! So finally I've got some time, It's snowing. Well I sold the Harman tl 300 to my in laws and got a drolet ht2000. Also been getting alot of wood. And decided to try out some diferent ways to move wood around with my new toy the toro dingo. Got 10 of the tote tanks for 40.00 and going to try them out. Just don't know how it's going to work with them only holding about .25 cord. Well look at the pics and see what you think. Sorry it looks like a firewood tornado came threw!! Pat

The wood I'm working on is locast and elm.
This wood will be for 2-3 years down the road.
Curber, Nice to see the hardwood in Idaho. I have a dream to move outside of Boise someday, and I was under the impression that I would be only getting soft woods, if I moved there.

Yeah there is hardwood in town/ landscape trees. The funny thing is that the tree services don't want the wood hear for some reason. Oh well I get alot of ash elm locast and others!!

Reactions: ScotO
Those racks are nice, Id like to score some. Why did you get rid of the Harman?

The harman was a little time consuming getting it going. In laws wanted it so they got it for the same second hand price I got it for. I hope the racks will work. Pat

Nice set up.
Should season nice in totes.
You've been pretty busy.
Hurry, winter's coming ;)

Great idea , each pallet about 1/2 cord ,bring it in as you need it, sweet.Are the metal ones normally used for hauling bags of liquid?

Great idea , each pallet about 1/2 cord ,bring it in as you need it, sweet.Are the metal ones normally used for hauling bags of liquid?

They look like these

3Kf3L33Jb5G35T55Mbcald9f3b14964601e95.jpg

Reactions: smokinj
Thats an awesome set-up!

I need one of those...........But at this point 8.00 an hr may be cheaper...If I ever loose my help I have an idea! ;)

Nice work curber. How do you like the dingo? Will it move them around pretty good?

The dingo will move pallets of the lighter wood around fine. The full metal cage of the wet elm it wont tho!! I'm thinking it will loose weight quick tho. I love the dingo.

I love the new stove. Much faster to get cruising. Not near as finicky as the harman. Also think I'm using less wood witch is a good thing. Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.