More Snow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jatoxico

Minister of Fire
Aug 8, 2011
Long Island NY
Snowing hard here on Long Island. Got 3-4" in an hour, hour and a half. Not the first time we've had snow this late. What is different is that we have not had any warm weather except for an isolated afternoon. Normally if we had a snow like this it would be gone by the evening. Going to be in the 30's till later this afternoon and freezing overnight. Same for the rest of the week ;sick. I'm going to use the snow thrower and clear it.

Sleet freezing rain and a touch of snow over night here in NH. Just enough to say we still have a bit more to go before the bloom. High 40`s - 50`s later in the week.
Still snow covered in the front and back yard.

Scotts step one waiting in the shed

While putting away snow blower and clearing up garage I managed to dump can of not well sealed paint on my car...@$#*%& %*@$ !

Great morning.

I took this photo of a camp while snowmobiling last Thursday (27 March). It will be ok; spring is here on the calendar...!
Cheers!

Montague Mar 27 2014.jpg

Reactions: Warm_in_NH
My road was covered in 1/2" of icy slush this morning. I slogged through it and arrived at my slipcover fitting but it was a drag getting there. It's cold and raw here today and the marinas are way behind getting boats into the water because of the lingering snowbanks. Those same snowbanks are a real drag for contractors like me.

I don't usually whine too loudly about things I can't control but I am really tired of the seemingly endless cold and lingering snow. Sigh.

Buddy of mine up in The County took this pic a couple of weeks ago. They may be snowmobiling there until June. ;)

Attachments

• Rogerphoto.jpg
    Rogerphoto.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 92
Jake, I feel better now. But also pretty wimpy for grousing about 1/2" of slush/ice! If it had been actual snow I'd have bailed and stayed right the hell home!

Buddy of mine up in The County took this pic a couple of weeks ago. They may be snowmobiling there until June. ;)
Ski resorts must be happy. For my part I just wish we could get a couple warm days here and there, that's all not too much to ask for I don't think.

Warming up this week. I can see the dirt that is my driveway finally. It's crushed stone covered with sand but it's starting to behave like Jello. With 3' in the yard and 6' snow banks it's gonna be a long sloppy mud season. Roads have gone to snot in the past few days too, worst I've seen them.

lots of tree damage from late wet snow around here. And power outages.

Status
Not open for further replies.