More storm damage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This is in the same area I worked the second half of today.

Attachments

• 100_7454.JPG
    100_7454.JPG
    277.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_7456.JPG
    100_7456.JPG
    317.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_7457.JPG
    100_7457.JPG
    285.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_7458.JPG
    100_7458.JPG
    296.8 KB · Views: 163
  • 100_7459.JPG
    100_7459.JPG
    300.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 100_7460.JPG
    100_7460.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: ScotO
zap, you'd best find some way to calm those storms!

Reactions: ScotO and zap
Yea, you got some work to do. Wow:eek:
If I can get another 5 cord by the time the white stuff hits the ground I'll be a happy camper. My wife reminded me tonight about the Maple branch that came down across her walking trail, like Sav said it's never ending.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Just be careful out there, brother. Keep an eye overhead for hangers!!
Any good milling stuff up in that area?

Storms keeping you busy ;)
To bad you lost some nice healthy trees :-(

S.O., there are some in that area that could be milled,most are not big enough to mill. I think we have more widowmakers around the house than we do in that area.

B.D.,yes they do. We hate losing the Maples, we had a guy coming to see if there were enough Maples to tap in that area, he was thinkng of buying the sap, I talked to him one hour before the storm hit while we voted on the school budget.

Zap, looks like most of that is off the ground and easy to handle. I hate it too when a storm takes a healthy one and hate it even worse when I see roots and all out of the ground.

Reactions: zap
Zap, looks like most of that is off the ground and easy to handle. I hate it too when a storm takes a healthy one and hate it even worse when I see roots and all out of the ground.
I hate losing them too, but we'll get some firewood and some young trees will get more sun so they can get bigger. It rain real hard all last night then again this morning, the Oaks I planted should have enough water for a couple of weeks.

Reactions: TimJ
Probably more like a month or two. Don't water new trees too much. Make that root go down for moisture and it will be stronger.

Reactions: ScotO and zap
Status
Not open for further replies.