More Sugar Maple

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
When I first made it to the area I was cutting in I found a small Sugar Maple down, the second and third picture is part of the Sugar Maple that was underneath the quaking aspen.

The last picture is the sugar maple the rounds from the first picture came from.

I figure today I bucked up over 100 rounds, in that area we have about 8-10 trees down mostly Sugar Maple with Cherry.

Attachments

• 100_1140.jpg
    100_1140.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 216
  • 100_1136.jpg
    100_1136.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 206
  • 100_1151.jpg
    100_1151.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 215
  • 100_1132.jpg
    100_1132.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 187
So, how long have you been cutting on this land and how much area do you have available? I see quite a few posts regarding your tree harvesting and it certainly sounds like you have a large piece of land to work from! Sounds like a lot of work, but probably more fun and rewarding then ever.

Hey Zap, what's the deal with the Aspen? It has been in a backdrop in a whole bunch of shots of higher quality rounds. At some point, it deserves a 14.75 chunked burial like the good stuff. Those big rounds will keep you warm too.

SolarAndWood said:
Hey Zap, what's the deal with the Aspen? It has been in a backdrop in a whole bunch of shots of higher quality rounds. At some point, it deserves a 14.75 chunked burial like the good stuff. Those big rounds will keep you warm too.

Solar give me your best guess or anyone else on how much wood I'll get from this Aspen.

zap

Nice looking maple Zap. Around here some afternoon storms came through while we were on a trip. I always search the neighborhood after a blow and this time discovered the top of a beech blown out. The wife and I bucked that up over two evenings and stacked it for 2011/12. I have to admit that I'm sore. It sure doesn't take long to get outta' shape after taking some time off!

Uper said:
Nice looking maple Zap. Around here some afternoon storms came through while we were on a trip. I always search the neighborhood after a blow and this time discovered the top of a beech blown out. The wife and I bucked that up over two evenings and stacked it for 2011/12. I have to admit that I'm sore. It sure doesn't take long to get outta' shape after taking some time off!

Beech thats some good stuff Uper, last night while sitting in the living room watching tv we heard a tree or limb come down, (heavy rain) made a big thud so I'll take a walk and check it out sometime.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.