More wood for the collection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocavalier02

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2008
ct
Well i got some more wood again. Im really getting a lot this year. i couldn't pass it up though right across the street and its maple. I have a ton of oak but only a few cords of maple. so i wanted some. along with another picture to is the oak tree that uprooted during the storm which i need to also get back and cut up the rest. the load in the trailer isn't even in the picture of the ones i quartered. And yep thats my sweatshirt and underarmour shirt that i didn't need. only a t shirt for this day in january. hoping for some cold in feb.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 676
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 688
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 697
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 686
Looks good Bobby. Isn't it amazing that we can strip some clothing off while outdoors in January?! Not much need for Carhartts this year.

Backwoods Savage said:
Looks good Bobby. Isn't it amazing that we can strip some clothing off while outdoors in January?! Not much need for Carhartts this year.
it is amazing. But it's definantly not to my liking. Lol

ecocavalier02 said:
Well i got some more wood again. Im really getting a lot this year. i couldn't pass it up though right across the street and its maple. I have a ton of oak but only a few cords of maple. so i wanted some. along with another picture to is the oak tree that uprooted during the storm which i need to also get back and cut up the rest. the load in the trailer isn't even in the picture of the ones i quartered. And yep thats my sweatshirt and underarmour shirt that i didn't need. only a t shirt for this day in january. hoping for some cold in feb.

Nice load of wood Eco, they weather sure is crazy but so far it's been a good winter for the deer. The yard must be getting full.

zp

zapny said:
ecocavalier02 said:

Nice load of wood Eco, they weather sure is crazy but so far it's been a good winter for the deer. The yard must be getting full.

zp
I just wish we had some consistent cold for a little while. at least 3 weeks. ground is disgusting.

Nice work! You are getting well ahead now - and I've been enjoying this winter's weather - it's been a nice break! Cheers!

got the rest of the maple home tonight. should have a few cord of maple now.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 407
ecocavalier02 said:

Nice work eco,looks like we will have a mess up this way with the 4-6 inches of snow on the ground then rain coming in Wednesday. Start pushing more wood in tomorrow night before the rain.

zap

zapny said:
ecocavalier02 said:

Nice work eco,looks like we will have a mess up this way with the 4-6 inches of snow on the ground then rain coming in Wednesday. Start pushing more wood in tomorrow night before the rain.

zap
yep. seems like we cant win this year with all the stinking rain. its crazy how much rain we've gotten. sure does makes things a mess.

Man, I love seeing wood pictures. If that doesn't get a man excited to plan his next scrounge I don't know what does. Nice pics

Looks good eco. Its gonna be 50 tomorrow, crazy weather. Thinking of cutting a load myself but if this ground gets soft its gonna be a real mess.

Good looking solid wood.
You working the night shift on the wood too? :)
That close to home is really good, some of the cheapest free wood you'll come across.
We may have sweat shirt weather in a few days, to get to 30°. :)

looking good Eco. I was out yesterday cutting in a sweatshirt and today stacking with nothing but a sweatshirt. it does feel great to get the excersize but I am with you, I want some really cold weather and some friggin snow. I hate winter without snow. And we've been soaking wet since Sept, our area here in central PA got a record 54 inches of rain for 2011.....smashing prior records. Just think if it would have been a little colder, we would have had a PILE of snow. The jetstream was not working in our favor this season...... :mad:

bogydave said:
Good looking solid wood.
That close to home is really good, some of the cheapest free wood you'll come across.
haha. yeah well im on kid duty till from 330 till 5 when i get home from work then have to wait for the wifey to get home before i can go and do some work. so gotta get it done sometime.

Scotty Overkill said:
looking good Eco. I was out yesterday cutting in a sweatshirt and today stacking with nothing but a sweatshirt. it does feel great to get the excersize but I am with you, I want some really cold weather and some friggin snow. I hate winter without snow. And we've been soaking wet since Sept, our area here in central PA got a record 54 inches of rain for 2011.....smashing prior records. Just think if it would have been a little colder, we would have had a PILE of snow. The jetstream was not working in our favor this season...... :mad:
yeah it looks like bogydave stole the lower 48 of all its snow this year and cold. and were getting stuck with crap. lol hopefully february will get some kind of winter a little.

ecocavalier02 said:
Scotty Overkill said:
yeah it looks like bogydave stole the lower 48 of all its snow this year and cold. and were getting stuck with crap. lol hopefully february will get some kind of winter a little.
lol...yeah he got our share and THEN some. We still have some winter left, and some hope for snow too. I just hope it doesn't wait til the end of March/early April to snow, like it has here many times in the past.....

Scotty Overkill said:
ecocavalier02 said:
Scotty Overkill said:
lol...yeah he got our share and THEN some. We still have some winter left, and some hope for snow too. I just hope it doesn't wait til the end of March/early April to snow, like it has here many times in the past.....
yeah its usually a big mess that time of year. but with n e thing we've gotten this year its jut like the snow we get in march or april a really big mess cuz its so stinking wet.

ecocavalier02 said:
bogydave said:
Good looking solid wood.
haha. yeah well im on kid duty till from 330 till 5 when i get home from work then have to wait for the wifey to get home before i can go and do some work. so gotta get it done sometime.

You are a good man!
Soon they'll want to come & help, it'll take a bit longer but they'll have fun & love to help. Makes the wood theirs too. ;)

ecocavalier02 said:

Looks nice.
I spent 7 hours last Friday scrounging 1.5 cords of Oak in the rain. It was way too much fun!

bogydave said:
ecocavalier02 said:
bogydave said:
Good looking solid wood.

You are a good man!
Soon they'll want to come & help, it'll take a bit longer but they'll have fun & love to help. Makes the wood theirs too. ;)
my wife always sets him down while i bring in wood and he just goes uhhhh uhhhh. its great. i always show him my saws and bring him down to the wood pile lol. heres a pic of him watching the fire.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 180
Man it happens fast, I remember when he was the size of a nerf football.

SolarAndWood said:
Man it happens fast, I remember when he was the size of a nerf football.
the kid has gotten huge. It's crazy.

ecocavalier02 said:
bogydave said:
ecocavalier02 said:
bogydave said:
Good looking solid wood.

You are a good man!
my wife always sets him down while i bring in wood and he just goes uhhhh uhhhh. its great. i always show him my saws and bring him down to the wood pile lol. heres a pic of him watching the fire.
Bobby that's a great picture. That's one worthy of a frame. Enjoy it while it lasts, I can remember when mine were little like that......now the youngest of the three is almost 8 and she talks back......lol......gotta love 'em!

My 21 month old twins want to help daddy split and stack. They end up picking up the scrap from the splitter and taking it to the slide and push it down, but they are helping daddy!

well got it all stacked so i can split it all up soon.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 146
Status
Not open for further replies.