More wood IDs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakeside

Minister of Fire
Feb 6, 2009
Mike's World
Hi,

I was able to get some wood recently that I thought was a good type. Well I not sure if I was correct with my identification, maybe you can help ID it for me.

What do you think it is ?

I hope the pictures work !

Attachments

• three_pc.jpg
    three_pc.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 316
  • ends.jpg
    ends.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 284
Two more pictures might help

Attachments

• onepc.jpg
    onepc.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 313
  • rounds.jpg
    rounds.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 285
The Beagler said:
That is black locust....about as good as you get!

Oh Yeah!!! Hot stuff! Lucky dog! Now quick, get it split and off the ground! :coolsmile:

Yup. Good stuff. Easy splitting, fast drying, hot and long burning. If only it would bring you a beer after you finished splitting it.

+4

Ralph said:
Now quick, get it split and off the ground! :coolsmile:
No hurry, it never rots. :lol:

Flatbedford said:
Easy splitting, fast drying, hot and long burning. If only it would bring you a beer after you finished splitting it.
Easy splitting is right. I hand-split a bit today...had to get my own beer, but it was worth the effort. :cheese:

If you keep bringing home BL, you won't need that hydraulic splitter anymore.

Flatbedford said:
If you keep bringing home BL, you won't need that hydraulic splitter anymore.
I still had to beat down a couple of rounds with the 8# maul and I'm an old fart, so the power splitter stays. :lol:

Great to hear that it is Black Locust !

This was a easy scrounge too , it was a standing dead that came down in our October snow storm here in Connecticut. It should be ready to burn next season.

This picture was my wood pile for 2011 / 12 winter. Now to rebuild it for next season with some Black Locust included.

Thanks for the ID.

Attachments

• stacks.jpg
    stacks.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 140
Status
Not open for further replies.