More Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schortie

Nov 6, 2008
michigan
More.

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 438
Good work Shortie. Now keep on splitting and stacking. Remember what January and February are like in Michigan.

some of that wood looks old. Better get some fresh wood - it'll burn longer.

Savage - I'll start splitting and stacking again once the weather cools down a lot. There's about six cords total split and stacked, a cord or two shy of two full seasons.

Duck - You're funny. That white oak has been split just over 14 months. I'm hoping to be able to burn it in Jan / Feb. 2011, but we'll have to see. Although it looks ready, at last check those splits were still about 28% mc.

schortie said:
Savage - I'll start splitting and stacking again once the weather cools down a lot. There's about six cords total split and stacked, a cord or two shy of two full seasons.

Duck - You're funny. That white oak has been split just over 14 months. I'm hoping to be able to burn it in Jan / Feb. 2011, but we'll have to see. Although it looks ready, at last check those splits were still about 28% mc.

Looks good schortie, It's still hot here so I'm doing some each night after dinner. Hope I have another 2-4 face cord stacked by Saturday.

zap

Makes me think of Rocky 4, when he was training in russia.

oldspark said:
Looks like the clothes line got in the way.

Nah, that's how he dries his wood . . . hangs in on the clothesline for a few days . . . works much better than trying to season it in a stack. ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.