More woodpile pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wahoowad

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2005
Virginia
Here's some of the 2 cords I've split and stacked for next year...

Oak and hickory

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 708
cherry on the right, poplar on the left. The cherry is smelling sweet and has attracted a bunch of flies!

Attachments

• palletstackrear.jpg
    palletstackrear.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 675
This is my first attempt at stacking firewood on a pallet. I have a row of oak ontheleft and the cherry/poplar on the right. I left the gap in the middle to promote air flow.

Attachments

• palletmiddle.jpg
    palletmiddle.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 651
here's a close up of a stack I call my junk pile. I probably have 10 different species mixed in here. It'll burn.

Attachments

• junkpile2.jpg
    junkpile2.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 670
more stuff

Attachments

• junkpile.jpg
    junkpile.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 640
the oddball cage

Attachments

• oddballs.jpg
    oddballs.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 623
What the heck, I got more

Attachments

• backstacks.jpg
    backstacks.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 635
This is my final drying rack in the garage. I bring wood in here for a couple weeks before it makes it inside.

Attachments

• dryingrack.jpg
    dryingrack.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 650
Looking good! Like Roo said, money in the bank.

Is that an Old Town Discovery? I've got a 174 that does double duty as a cover for one of my wood piles when it's not in the water. I'll try to find a picture and post.

Here's the picture I was looking for. The posts are the remains of an old wooden play set that was there when we bought the house. The posts are set in concrete and I decided it was easier to find an alternate use for them, rather than digging them out. Now it does double duty as a place to keep the canoe and storage for some wood. The canoe makes good cover for the pile, especially since it spends a lot of time on the rack lately :down:

The rounds in the picture are now split and seasoning nicely under the canoe.

Attachments

• canoe rack.jpg
    canoe rack.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 627
Status
Not open for further replies.