Morning! 40F here had to do it........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been burning off and on for a couple weeks now. 3 bags total. Outside temps and solar gain all over the place. Add that to the stove at idle overheating the house, shut stove and open windows, forget windows are open, come home from long day at work, house WAY too cold for the kid, pellet stove on again, next day 90 degrees, stove off AC ON! Gotta love it. Prob be cheaper in the long run to just turn up the tstat and burn dino juice for a bit.

Wanted to try out the new stove ever since I installed her! Of course now that wifey has had a taste of a warm house she keeps asking to fire up the stove! lol...

Reactions: The Ds and jtakeman
fired her up this morning my very first time, besides one other time when I got it installed about a week ago. Its like having a new toy but cant play with it lol..
you will get plenty of time to play with it! LOL. I was like you last year and by March I was tired of hauling pellets and cleaning!

had frost last week on the neighbor's roof and supposed to get down to mid 30's tonight. Want to hold off, but with parakeets, may not be able to. :(

Been burning off and on for a couple weeks now. 3 bags total. Outside temps and solar gain all over the place. Add that to the stove at idle overheating the house, shut stove and open windows, forget windows are open, come home from long day at work, house WAY too cold for the kid, pellet stove on again, next day 90 degrees, stove off AC ON! Gotta love it. Prob be cheaper in the long run to just turn up the tstat and burn dino juice for a bit.

Yeah, was 32 deg this morning. Ran the oil monster for 15 minutes to get a little heat...heck its running anyway for hot water and at this time of year makes no sense to me to fire up the big guns.

only made it down to 39 last night. not the 34 that was called for.
if it wasn't for another week of sunny days and not as cold nights, there would be a serious possibility of first burn before october.

as it is i'm still holding out.

Status
Not open for further replies.