Morning Heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallibean6

Dec 8, 2014
Wisconsin
Got the stove cruising at about 540 this morning. stayed there for almost 2 hours then slowing started going down. Had what I am thinking was some steam out the chimney..white and gone. It was 2* !!
Does anyone here use those Ecofans. If so how, are they worth the money? Wife is wanting one and I am not so sure a regular small fan on the table next to the stove wouldn't be just as good.

Pass on the echo fan. Someone gave me one a few weeks ago, I regifted it. It's less than impressive, more of a conversation piece.

Got the stove cruising at about 540 this morning. stayed there for almost 2 hours then slowing started going down. Had what I am thinking was some steam out the chimney..white and gone. It was 2* !!
Does anyone here use those Ecofans. If so how, are they worth the money? Wife is wanting one and I am not so sure a regular small fan on the table next to the stove wouldn't be just as good.

I use an Ecofan. They work, for small rooms only. I use it on the stove in my dining room. For the stove downstairs I recently purchased a 3-fan fireplace blower (300 cf/m) that I placed 10 inches above the stove. Works perfectly. The Ecofan does max 65 cf/m, so if you have a room larger than 8 x 10, forget the Ecofan. It might look nice, they are whisper quiet, but that's about it.

Reactions: Hallibean6
I was given one of the bigger ones by family who no longer used a wood stove. I have it on the stove and even when its turning fast I have a hard time detecting any air movement when I put my hand in front of the blades. That being said it was free and is nice and quiet so it will stay where it is. I wouldn't spend the money on one though.

Convinced wife to pass on fan. Thanks for the info everyone

I had one on my VC and I thought it was pretty good. Tried it on the soapstone and it doesn't work at all. They work great on steel or cast iron until you overfire, then the spring on the bottom pops to prevent overheating of the fan. When it did that on mine, it fell off the stove and bent the blades. I could never get them to work silently again.
For sale: one wonky busted eco fan. cheap.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I had one on my VC and I thought it was pretty good. Tried it on the soapstone and it doesn't work at all. They work great on steel or cast iron until you overfire, then the spring on the bottom pops to prevent overheating of the fan. When it did that on mine, it fell off the stove and bent the blades. I could never get them to work silently again.
For sale: one wonky eco fan. cheap.:rolleyes:
Mine worked great on the soapstone. Maybe yours was already busted when you tried it on the equinox?

Edited my for sale item. Thanks and I was blaming it on the soapstone.:confused:

I have two of the biggest ones this season and they are doing great. I needed something to pull the heat out of the fireplace since my stove is half in and half out. It gives me the effect of having it free standing out front of the fireplace.

Worth the money, no way. I was given an Amazon gift card and used if for them to give them a try. A couple of small "personal" fans blowing into each side of the fireplace was doing pretty much the same thing.

I have one that I paid for and consider it more of a item of interest then being of practical use. But I still like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.