MORSO 1BO wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael65

Feb 15, 2009
west,central, New Jersey
I have a MORSO 1BO wood stove that came into my possession about 20 years ago. I have never used it, and I'm getting tired of looking at it in my barn. I would consider selling it if anyone has an interest in this particular model. I understand that MORSO stoves were of a very good quality. If no one is interested in purchasing it, perhaps someone can convince me to keep it and use it. I currently use two stoves in my home, but this one never was used by me. The original owner used it very sporatically for 2-3 yrs. Thanks for any replies, Michael65

Nice stove, consider yourself lucky to have one in great condition. What are the two current stoves in use in the house?

In the living area I've had a Vermont Castings, "Defiant Encore" since 1991 and in my basement I have an Atlanta Stove Works, "Huntsman" model. They each have their short-comings, but work very well in my application. I heat entirely with wood throughout the winter. My oil fired boiler provides my DHW only. Have given some thought to pre-heating my DHW with a coil in the "Huntsman", but am concerned about cooling the fire too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.