morso wood insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't tried it, but I did notice that it only takes a 14 inch log, which may be a little restrictive for an insert. My Morso also only takes about a 15.5 inch log, but it's supplimental heat in my finsihed basement, so I tend to use stuff all those short bits that inevitably occur from bukcing up and spliiting firewood. If it's your primary source of heat, I'd be skeptical because of this short log factor.

According to Morso, this is the single most popular insert in South Africa. According to the literature it takes a 14" to 16" log, average area heated 1300 sq ft. Should be nice in a mild climate, smaller house or location where just the room is being heated.

FWIW, all the specs (burn time, btus, area heated) are better than the VC small winterwarm (except particulates, because the WW has a cat).

The viewing area looks smaller than the WW.

How is build quality Morso vs. VC?

Morso has been making fine stoves for a very long time. The quality is generally excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.